Monday, October 2, 2017

More Travel and More Fishing

Fishing Time: Evenings of October 1-3, 2017
Weather: Partly Cloudy, calm, T-70s
Moon Phase:  90% Moon
Location:  San Diego Bay (Shelter Island)
Best Bait:  Speckled white grub (1/4 oz jighead)
Who Went:  Dunc
It looks like I’m going to be spending time this fall and winter working in sunny San Diego.  It’s a rough job right on the San Diego Bay.  Try not to feel bad for me.  I had to travel out there for a quick 2-day trip and of course I brought my fishing rod along for the ride.
I spent a couple evenings fishing Shelter Island throwing grubs off the rocks.  I caught quite a few spotted bay bass and may I say… these fish pack a punch!  There not very big, but they make freshwater fish look like pansies.  A half-pound spotted bay bass will actually pull some serious drag.  Gotta love the ocean.  Hopefully if I spend some more time here I can get into a few more species, or better yet, find someone with a boat willing to take me out on the big pond in search of some real ocean fish.

No comments: