Saturday, March 26, 2016

Goodbye Arizona

Fishing Time: March 21 to 27, 2016
Weather:  Windy, T-90s
Water Temp:  Morning: 68 degrees, Afternoon:  75 degrees
Moon Phase:  Full Moon
Location:  Colorado River, Arizona
Best Bait:  Shad spinnerbait
Who Went:  Dunc
I had a good last week of fishing before saying goodbye to my waterfront home in Arizona.  The weather has been hot and the fishing is getting tough midday.  It’s the mornings and evenings that produce fish.  The burros are getting active as well.  They walk up and down my street all night heehawing loudly.  Crazy animals. 
A couple days this week a front moved through and that turned the fishing on!  I landed my biggest fish of the trip during this cold front on a spinnerbait thrown in the back of a cove where the wind was pushing all the baitfish.  I didn’t get a chance to weigh it, but it was all of 5 pounds.
A few more good fish were landed this week and it made it hard to want to leave.  However, I miss my family and the time has come to say goodbye to Arizona.  May we meet again someday?  

No comments: